“Complain less. Work harder.”
“I feel such a creative force in me: I am convinced that there will be a time when, let us say, I will make something good every day , on a regular basis….I am doing my very best to make every effort because I am longing so much to make beautiful things. But beautiful things mean painstaking work, disappointment, and perseverance.”
I have the best boyfriend.
And he is going to make me a ton of delicious pasta this weekend. Oh and also play piano just for me (but he doesn’t know yet)
“I am my own muse. I am the subject I know best. The subject I want to better.”
I’m terrified of librarians, they make me stutter
I’m sick of people. Sometimes I think I should spend the rest of my life inside a fucking cavern.
“Yes, I saw Twilight — my granddaughter made me watch it, she said it was the greatest vampire film ever. After the ‘film’ was over I wanted to smack her across her head with my shoe, but I do not want a (tell-all) book called Grannie Dearest written on me when I die. So instead I gave her a DVD of Murnau’s 1922 masterpiece Nosferatu and told her, "Now that’s a vampire film!" And that goes for all of you! Watch Nosferatu instead!”
I have the best boyfriend.
“Noi abbiamo più rispetto per i morti che per i vivi. Sarebbe necessario rispettare gli uni e gli altri.”
“It always fascinates me when I meet a woman who says she is not a feminist.
(1) On average women are paid 19% less than men
(2) In the US a man who raped a woman who was HIV positive, contracted the disease himself & went on to try and sue her
(3) 77% of anti-abortion leaders are men.. 100% of them will never be pregnant
(4) In certain cultures, babies and children have their genitals mutilated in order to become more desirable to their future husband
(5) We live in a society that teaches women how to protect themselves against rape rather than teaching people that rape is not acceptable
(6) The focus in court cases of violence/sex crime against women is always ‘what could she have done to prevent it?’
(7) Songs that glorify rape and sexual violence against women still top the charts again and again
(8) In China, female fetuses are aborted because they are seen to be useless to their family
(9) Over summer, many secondary schools told their female students they could not wear certain items of clothing because it distracted the male students
(10) Across the world girls as young as 6 are forced to marry men sometimes 10 times their age or face death at the hands of their family
(11) The media constantly commentate on women’s appearance, not achievements
(12) 85% of victims of sex trafficking are women
(13) Virginity was a concept created by men, who decided their penis’ were so important they changed the fundamental structure of a woman
Is all of that okay with you? It shouldn’t be.”